Our Commitment to Our People
Our success lies in hiring talented people and setting them free to pursue great ideas—ideas that engage the imagination, stretch us all and ensure that we continue to provide exemplary and cost-effective service to our customers. Our efforts and commitments include:
- Ensuring a safe and healthy work environment, preventing accidents and incidents, and ensuring that all Avista employees return home healthy and whole.
- Fostering a culture that values trust and respect based on diversity, equity and inclusion, and offering all employees the chance to enrich their lives and careers through challenging and meaningful work—all in an equal opportunity workplace that is surrounded by a supportive and inclusive environment.
- Valuing the contribution of our employees by focusing on creating and maintaining an environment to attract, develop, motivate, retain and reward high-caliber employees.
- Performing to our ethical and compliance standards, ensuring that we conduct ourselves in a legal and ethical manner in upholding our regulatory obligations.
- Holding our contractors, suppliers and other business partners to the same ethical and compliance standards to which we hold ourselves.