Our Commitment to Our Environment
We are committed to conducting our business with respect for the natural resources in the areas we serve, and to addressing the challenges of a changing climate. Our efforts and commitments include:
- Integrating renewables as part of our commitment to clean energy and carbon emissions reductions, while maintaining reliability and affordable rates for our customers.
- Engaging in climate policy development to promote environmental stewardship along with economic and community vitality.
- Driving innovation and technology advancements which increase energy efficiency and/or reduce emissions.
- Leading energy efficiency and conservation efforts for our customers and within our own system.
- Improving the sustainability of our business practices and promoting stewardship of our shared natural resources. Avista manages its operations and facilities to protect land, air and water. In addition, we protect and restore habitat, water quality and fisheries.
- Providing recreational opportunities to improve access for all people along the Clark Fork and Spokane Rivers in Montana, Idaho and Washington.